Good Morning my fellow fantasy footballers that can’t get enough of the IDP world. Let me first start off by saying the IDP with three QB sacks continued on this week with Robert Mathis getting three vs the Jaguars; might i add he is flying under the radar and this old savvy vet is still balling. I hope your IDP was one of the recipients of Flacco’s five interceptions, or you were a Richard Sherman owner and when he made that pick-six you where pumping your fist in the air and telling your buddies “You Mad Bro?!” I won’t get too much into it but if you’re a Sean Lee owner I hope you listened to me. The linebackers dominated week four and if you’re a Justin Houston owner, you got to take the good with the bad and know that next week Houston will come thru. Anyway, let me chime in on the top IDP performances from Thur/Sun and take a look on what’s to come on Monday Night Football when the Dolphins visit New Orleans.
TOP 5 DL
- MARCELL DAREUS (BILLS): 7 tackles (5 solo) // 2TFL // 2-sacks
- NDAMUKONG SUH (LIONS): 4 tackles // 2TFL // 1 FF // 2-sacks
- JARED ALLEN (VIKINGS): 4 tackles (3 solo) // 2 TFL // 2.5-sacks // 1pd
- KARL KLUG (TITANS): 2 tackles // 1 FR // 1 FF // 1td
- CHRIS CANTY (RAVENS): 5 tackles (3 solo) // 2 FF // 1-sack
Honorable Mention: JULIUS PEPPERS (BEARS): 6 tackles (4 solo) // 1 FF // 1-sack
TOP 5 LB
- SEAN LEE (COWBOYS): 18 tackles (15 solo) // 1 TFL // 1 int // 1pd // 1td
- CHAD GREENWAY (VIKINGS): 10 tackles // 1 TFL // 1 int // 1-sack // 1pd
- TERRELL SUGGS (RAVENS): 17 tackles (9 solo) // 1 TFL // 1-sack
- STEPHEN TULLOCH (LIONS): 14 tackles (10 solo) // 1 TFL // 1-sack
- NAVORRO BOWMAN (49ers): 6 tackles (5 solo) // 3TFL // 1FF // 2-sacks // 1pd
Honorable Mention: JAMES LAURINAITIS (RAMS): 12 tackles (9 solo) // 2 TFL // 2pd
TOP 5 DB
- DARIUS BUTLER (COLTS): 6 tackles // 1 int // 1pd // 1td
- RICHARD SHERMAN (SEAHAWKS): 4 tackles // 1int // 2pd // 1td
- COREY GRAHAM (RAVENS): 9 tackles (7 solo) // 3 TFL // 1 FF // 1int // 1pd
- EARL THOMAS (SEAHAWKS): 7 tackles // 1 FF // 1int // 2pd
- JOSH ROBINSON (VIKINGS): 12 tackles // 1TFL
Honorable Mention: David Amerson (REDSKINS): 1 tackle // 1 int // 1pd // 1td
Week Four Notes: Seems like if you’ve owned any Raven or Bills IDP you’ve had a pretty damn good day, from Kiko’s 2 interceptions to the amount of tackles Suggs/Smith racked up. JJ Watt looked unstoppable as always (clearly the best DL in football) and Texans will need consistent play from Antonio Smith (he’s capable of becoming IDP relevant too). Let’s hope Brian Cushing is ok because the depth at ILB for Texans is slim to none and Sharpton/Mays will get eaten alive in the run game. Sean Lee & James Laurinaitis owners rejoice after having worries about them entering week 4, their elite and their studs they were due for a big game and they paid you with it (if you’ve stuck with them). We’re reaching mid-season already and your studs will come alive for you, don’t worry about the flavor of the week because more times than not that’s what they are (i.e. Bront Bird is a perfect example). The DB position in IDP world is proving its worth in terms of “streaming” but now it’s a matter of who to stream. Unless you have a top 10 DB then your option of streaming becomes slim because you won’t find better on wire; so hang tight and your DB will perform. It’s also real tough to project the numbers for a DB, from pick-six to the amount of pass deflections they’d get which is why it’s best to target DB’s who are heavily targeted and give you the best chance to rack up a few tackles. Good example is Vikings CB, Josh Robinson, nobody could predict he’d get 12 tackles nor was he a heavily option DB to start but it happens and don’t go chasing him on the wire too because he’ll probably disappoint you. The playing field is getting clearer though, slight consistency is building up and you’ll be able to tell whose who in the IDP world. But, you Aldon Smith owners better be looking at Ahmad Brooks if you want a 49er replacement but chances are he’s been gone already (especially in a deep league or leagues where you start 3LB).
WAIVER WIRE ADDS:
- CHRIS CLEMONS (DL) SEAHAWKS: he’s back from his injury and looked good against the Texans, he looks like he’s a full go and will be back to borderline DL1 status. If nobody has picked him up yet or someone has dropped him I advise to go pick him up and watch the sacks pick up.
- ART JONES (DL) RAVENS: had a solid game vs BUF (seems everyone did on both sides of the ball) but could be a nice bye week spot starter for your squad granted he has a prime match-up.
- ROBERT MATHIS (LB) COLTS: quietly making noise, quietly. Has 7.5 sacks thru 4 games so far and is more than likely available in your league. Aldon Smith owners may want too look into acquiring Mathis for near future and immediate impact, looks like he’s a man on a mission.
- REY MAUALUGA (LB) BENGALS: if you’re in a tackle heavy league you may want to consider Rey as a LB3, but that’s all he provides is tackles as he has a zero across the board in all other categories.
- RICHARD MARSHALL (DB) CHARGERS: if Derek Cox is going to miss some time (it looks like it) then Marshall steps right in and has immediate DB2 value & will be a nice source for tackles. Not too long ago Marshall was a solid DB for IDP owners.
- EARL WOLFF (DB) EAGLES: with Chung banged up Wolff got his first start in week 4 and did ok. He’s not a huge upgrade over Chung but can definitely be better. Solid bench stash right now or if you can’t afford that then take a wait & see approach with him as he could be worth owning as season progresses.
- DARRYL SHARPTON (LB) TEXANS: buyer beware, although Cushing went out with a concussion i wouldn’t rush to waivers to acquire Sharpton. He’s nothing special and won’t do much for your team but if you’re in a deep league where you start 4 LB’s or have the starting spots too (flex) then he’s worth a look.
- WHITNEY MERCILUS & BROOKS REED (LB) TEXANS: they may not rack up tackles but both are worth a look even if Cushing misses any time, playing behind Watt has its perks for Mercilus as he’s getting to the QB at will. Reed could move to middle IF Cushing misses time which would boost his tackles total some.
- JOSH EVANS (DB) JAGUARS: has the time come for the Jaguars to play both their rookies at safety? Evans has some talent and will be serviceable in IDP leagues. Definitely worth a stash in dynasty leagues and worth keeping an eye on within the next couple weeks, more snaps he gets & the numbers will follow.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (DOLPHINS/SAINTS):
The Saints have been playing solid defense lately and it’s clear who their IDP studs are (Cameron Jordan and Kenny Vaccaro). Is this the game Curtis Lofton wakes up? Junior Galette has been pretty good and I’m still waiting on Martez Wilson, who once said he’d be a Hall of Famer; right? Not dogging Wilson’s talent but before you say that do something on the field first. Cameron Jordan should have a strong game vs the Dolphins as he continues to wreck havoc and make a name for himself. Roman Harper is probably out for this game and Kenny Vaccaro owners are out celebrating right now. Vaccaro should be starting anyway, he’s too good of a talent to be sitting on the sidelines because he does that one thing Harper can’t do and that’s cover. Jordan is a borderline DL1 in this game and i got Vaccaro as a high end DB2 that can flirt with DB1 numbers. Curtis Lofton as a low LB2 and Galette a wild card, if you’re starting him you took a gamble. On the Dolphins side we got 2 solid LB’s in Phillip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe who’ll continue to hold the middle down and “try” to cover Jimmy Graham. Ellerbe poses solid LB2 value and Wheeler enters as a nice LB3 option who can put up huge numbers at anytime. Rising stud, Reshad Jones, should have a game as Saints will be passing all over the field giving Jones opportunities to make plays. Grimes will see plenty of action too, if he doesn’t get an interception then he’ll at least reward his owners with some pass deflections. Cameron Wake is out of this game and I’m looking forward to Derrick Shelby and Dion Jordan to take over, edge goes to Shelby right now as he’s been getting some playing time previously. Oliver Vernon has somewhat disappeared all season and now’s the time for him to step it up some. It don’t get no better than this people, as I have to rely on Cameron Jordan and Phillip Wheeler to win me my match-up this week in fantasy football; it gets so intense.
As always, you can hit me up via twitter @IDPwithBEE_DSE and enjoy tonights game.