That sound you hear is Sean Lee owners about to jump off the cliff, and if you haven’t heard by now then well now you know that Lee injured his hamstring on a wrap up tackle vs the Saints and is now out 3-4 weeks (perfect timing right?!) also might as well add that Charles “Peanut” Tillman has been placed on the “shall return” IR but Tillman owners have been more prepared than Lee owners (I hope). But in week 10 it seemed as if every single IDP player got a sack for their respective owner and Ahmad Brooks came out of nowhere to post up 3 QB sacks (had Aldon played more and kept his head straight, that could’ve been him). We’re approaching the crucial next couple weeks in fantasy football as it’s we make moves for the playoff run or you’re going to rebuild so you’re selling your veterans to contenders. All the bulk bye weeks are done, so not much left too pick from on waivers but I put together a list for you too consider and possibly start for your injured IDP or bye week filler or what i’d like to call a “sneaky start”.
As we enter week 11 here are some IDP’s to consider that could be available on your waiver wire.
- PAUL WORRILOW (Falcons) LB: mentioned him last week after he blew up for 19 total tackles and guess what, he racked up yet again 19 total tackles (10 solo) and if you’re in a tackle heavy league I’d go get this guy regardless of Weatherspoon coming back because Weatherspoon has never approached that type of number before and Worrilow is playing better than any other LB in Atlanta. Has some upside rest of season with racks and racks and racks of tackles, for example I’ve picked up Worrilow in one of my leagues and dropped Jamari Lattimore, I’ve also seen him get dropped for Curtis Lofton.
- VINCENT REY (Bengals) LB: what an explosive game by Rey huh? 3 sacks, 3 pass deflections and 15 total tackles but i’ll be the 100th person too tell you he won’t repeat those numbers. That doesn’t mean to shy away from him, just means temper expectations but he did set the bar high for him huh? He’s a decent add if you need a spot starter or a LB3, the tackles will be there maybe another sack or two.
- SIO MOORE (Raiders) LB: i’m glad to see the rookies I liked this off-season get their due & Sio Moore had his breakout game of his early career. He posted 10 tackles and 1 QB Sack in week 10 and shall only rise, he’s a solid LB on the outside and if he’s available I’d grab him as my LB3 and if you’re in a dynasty league and you can roster 4-5 LB’s I’d definitely grab Moore if he’s available. We know the Raiders defense will be on the field for a long period of time so Moore’s opportunity will remain and going forward a nice LB3 with upside.
- JOHN ABRAHAM (Cardinals) LB: is Abraham heating up? He’s been getting to the QB lately and has been on a tear in that department (don’t count on him for tackles). He’s been available in many leagues and if you need a spot start or a wild card start then take a hard look at Abraham, especially if you play in a sack heavy league.
- JERRY HUGHES (Bills) LB: just like Abraham, Hughes has finally posted stat lines we’ve witnessed during pre-season (when he was on a tear). He’s had a handful of tackles in those games but you’re picking up Hughes for his big play ability and sacks. If you need a sneaky start than Hughes is one to consider if you need a LB4 or LB3 upside play.
- AJ KLEIN (Panthers) LB: if Blackburn is forced to miss some time then Klein steps in as the starter (as he did in week 10) and performed quite well. The entire Panthers defense is playing tremendous so there’s opportunity for Klein to shine. In dynasty leagues i’d take a look at him if you need some LB depth and in redraft, only if you have players on bye or injured other than that it’s worth waiting another week but keep him on your radar. Limited upside but can give you a bunch of tackles because he has Davis/Kuechly around him.
- CAMERON HEYWARD (Steelers) DL: had a prime match-up vs the Bills in week 10 and didn’t disappoint, sadly he’s hardly on anybody’s radar or roster (unless you’re in a deep league). He’s definitely worth a shot as he’s had back to back solid games for a DL3 with DL2 upside. If you’re a Ware owner and lost him again, you can take a look at Heyward or if you’re a Cameron Jordan owner (sigh) then i’d also take a look at Heyward as he should continue to put it together and get them numbers.
- DATONE JONES (Packers) DL: is Datone finally getting his fair share of recognition? Posted 3 sacks last 2 games and if that trend continues he could have a solid second half of the season. He’s a rookie so a slow start is expected and Datone is a beast on the line so this could be a preview of things to come. Definitely worth considering to have some DL depth and worth a sneaky start.
- ANDREW SENDEJO (Vikings) DB: don’t get caught up after his 1 game, he’s a fill in due to injuries in the Vikings secondary so don’t go crazy and drop some solid DB for him. Deep league rosters may consider him but in reality his value is short term.
If you’re a SEAN LEE owner you’re only viable option is Bruce Carter (if he’s available) other than that I hope you have depth or in a shallow league and some solid LB’s are available. Had Justin Durant not injure his hamstring too he’d be a viable option as he’s shown in the past he’s capable of putting up some nice points for IDP owners. Charles Tillman owners should’ve been prepared a while ago because he’s been battling this nagging injury for quite some time now; but luckily when it comes to DB you can stream it’s just a matter of which DB to stream (roll the dice).
As always, feel free to hit me up via twitter @IDPwithBEE_DSE and stay tuned for my week 11 IDP rankings.